Recycle/Yard Debris, Residential, inside city limits – $10.33 per month
(not available for outside city limits, vacant lots or commercial property)
- Completely extinguish charcoal grilling coals. If hot ashes are dumped into the trash truck, a fire will start. Over the last several years we have had several on board trash fires and actually lost a truck in 2012.
- Please bag trash. When drivers dump the carts into the truck, the ash dust, etc. can fly into their face and eyes. This creates a safety hazard for the crew. They do wear safety glasses but they still get covered.
Household Garbage: Every Tuesday
GFL Environmental will only pick up household garbage if it is in the proper container (95-gallon roll out cart). Please do not mix household garbage with recycles and/or yard waste; do not mix one waste with any other waste. Please have container to curb by 6 a.m.
Note: Cart roll out for handicapped persons will be provided upon request and completion of required paperwork.
Yard Debris: Every Wednesday
Yard Debris will only be serviced if:
- Placed in approved resident owned and maintained 95-gallon roll out cart with designated Yard Waste Decal OR
- In biodegradable paper bags (no plastic bags of any type accepted) OR
- Bundles must be securely tied in 5′ lengths and a maximum of 50 lbs. in weight.
The City does not provide roll out containers. They may be purchased from Construction Waste Management, if available (910-755-6411) or any other available source.
The following will be picked up, per residence (choice of one):
- 2 approved 95-gallon yard debris roll out carts with decal, plus 2 bundles OR
- 1 approved 95-gallon yard debris roll out cart with decal, plus 5 biodegradable paper bags, plus 2 bundles OR
- 10 biodegradable bags plus 2 bundles.
Yard debris will not be serviced if:
- Trash or recycle carts are used.
- Trash or recycle is mixed in with yard waste in approved yard waste cart.
- No vacant lots will be serviced.
No Recycle or Yard Debris pickup for commercial accounts.