Most “This is Our Town”, volunteers engage in a projects around town.
From about 9-noon, volunteers work on sprucing up public parks, cemeteries, and flowerbeds.
In addition the committee has initiated projects you may have enjoyed in your travels about town:
- Holiday Tree Lighting Festival in Franklin Square Park
- Sailboat wreathes lining downtown streets during December and January
- Pollinator Garden at Lowe-White Park on Leonard Street “A Haven for Bee’s, Butterflies and Birds”
- Live Oak patios on Moore Street
- Stained benches and swings at the waterfront, Keziah Park on Moore Street, and Caviness Park on Owens Street and repainted visitor signs around town.
- Landscaping at the Roundabout.
Beautification volunteers also partner with local organizations, adding extra hands for their projects:
- Southport Historical Society – Workday at Old Smithville Burying Ground
- City of Southport – Southport Day of Service – to learn more, please click here.
Get on the email list and join forces with Southport’s volunteer army!
Call 910-279-4710 or email email@example.com